Effective from 1st January 2010, employers are required to put into effect a foreign worker medical insurance for each of the foreign workers you employ under the following categories:
- Work permit including foreign domestic worker
- S Pass holder
This was implemented in tandem with the withdrawal of healthcare subsidies for foreigners. As an employer, you need to submit the insurance details online before the Work Permit can be issued.
What does Foreign Worker Medical Insurance cover
As an employer, you must buy and maintain medical insurance coverage of at least $15,000 per year for each Work Permit holder.
The insurance should cover inpatient care and day surgery, including hospital bills for conditions that may not be work related.
You can have a co-pay arrangement with the Work Permit holder only if all of the following are met:
- The medical treatment is not for work-related inpatient expenses.
- The co-pay amount is reasonable and does not exceed 10% of the worker’s monthly salary.
- The duration co-payment does not exceed 6 months.
- The co-payment option is explicitly in the employment contract or collective agreement and has the worker’s full consent.
MOM has specified that you cannot pass on the cost of purchasing the medical insurance to Work Permit holders.
We offer the best Foreign Worker Medical Insurance
There are many types of medical insurance in the market but we can get the best product for you.
Headcount basis to save your time
If you ever purchased foreign worker medical insurance, you know how tedious and time consuming to keep worker list up to date. Not only you need to inform the insurer for addition and deletion of workers, you have to spend countless hours processing the credit and debt invoices. Moreover, you run the danger of not covering the new worker if you forget to update the insurer.
We have a solution for you. Our product is head count basis so you can forget all about the updates.
Better terms to make the claim easier
There are insurance products with all the stringent clauses and you will have a big headache when you make a claim. Our products are different, we offer
- No surgical schedule imposed
- No exclusion of specific illness imposed
- No minimum number of hours required for hospital confinement
Most competitive quote
Because we handle large volume of foreign worker medical insurance for SMEs, we have negotiated very competitive premiums for you. We guarantee to beat your existing premium. don’t believe?